Elevate your local knowledge

Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

Select Region

Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

Bosnia prosecutors open probe of office’s suspended chief

SARAJEVO, Bosnia – Bosnia’s national prosecutor’s office says it is opening an investigation of its own suspended chief, who is suspected of having obstructed probes into alleged corruption involving the Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodik.

The country’s judicial council suspended Chief Prosecutor Goran Salihovic last month and said it would look into allegations made against him. The Prosecutor’s Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina said Wednesday its investigation would be based on evidence submitted by state police.

Bosnia’ security minister accused Salihovic of giving Dodik information about two pending investigations into the embezzlement of hundreds of thousands of euro from two banks.

Salihovic denies the accusations, saying they are designed to keep him from conducting another investigation of Dodik he opened a day before his suspension.

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.