Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
BAMAKO, Mali – Mali’s defence minister says seven soldiers and a driver were killed after two military vehicles hit explosive devices.
The minister said in a statement Thursday that the vehicles hit the explosives on Wednesday between Bambaramaoude and Douentza.
Also Thursday, the minister of security and civilian protection reported that the death toll from attacks on a nomadic community that began Tuesday night had risen from 12 to 27.
Armed men attacked the Iboghilitane community about 45 kilometres (25 miles) west of Menaka near the Niger border. No group has claimed responsibility.
A member of the investigative team said residents described decapitations and gunshots. He said most of the victims had been buried by late Wednesday. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not permitted to discuss the case with journalists.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.