Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – U.S. Sen. John Boozman’s office says the Arkansas Republican has successfully undergone a follow-up procedure to his 2014 heart surgery.
The senator underwent the procedure Tuesday and is recovering at a Washington-area hospital. His office says he is looking forward to returning to work when the Senate reconvenes next month.
Boozman’s office says the procedure had been recommended by doctors who have been monitoring his condition since a tear in his aorta was surgically repaired in 2014.
Boozman had emergency surgery on April 22, 2014, after complaining of chest and arm pain before a highway dedication in Gravette, a city in northwest Arkansas.
The 66-year-old eye doctor was first elected to the Senate in 2010, and he won re-election last year.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.