Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Federal marshals say a suspect in a triple homicide in Puerto Rico has been captured in Massachusetts.
A spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service says 27-year-old Luis Lebron-Rivera was tracked to a vacant apartment in Springfield.
About 20 federal, state and local law enforcement officers surrounded the building Thursday morning and caught the suspect as he tried to escape out a rear door.
The spokesman says Lebron-Rivera was found with several fake IDs, and refused to provide his real identity.
Lebron-Rivera, previously a resident of San Juan, Puerto Rico, is wanted in connection with a triple homicide in 2011 that is thought to be gang related.
He will be arraigned in Springfield on a fugitive-from-justice charge. It wasn’t immediately known if he has a lawyer.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.