Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

LOS ANGELES – A judge has dismissed one section of Ashley Judd’s lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, but the rest remains headed toward trial.
U.S. District Judge Philip S. Gutierrez ruled Wednesday that Judd’s sexual harassment claim isn’t within the scope of a California statute.
Gutierrez had already rejected the claim in November but allowed Judd’s lawyers to amend it, then dismissed it again.
Gutierrez said Judd’s allegations of defamation and economic interference can continue.
Judd attorney Theodore Boutrous Jr. says nothing about the ruling changes the fact that Judd’s lawsuit is moving forward, and her strong case remains intact.
Judd says that after she rejected Weinstein’s sexual advances two decades ago, he sabotaged her career.
The 66-year-old Weinstein also faces criminal prosecution in New York.
Weinstein has denied engaging in nonconsensual sexual activity.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.