Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
WASHINGTON – Defence Secretary Leon Panetta says no unauthorized information was provided to filmmakers producing a movie on the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
Panetta, the former CIA director, told the Senate on Wednesday that there is a Defence Department office that works with movie producers.
But he insisted that no one in the department released any unauthorized material.
Republican Rep. Peter King of New York has argued that the CIA and Pentagon jeopardized national security by co-operating too closely with director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal.
The two won Academy Awards for the motion picture “The Hurt Locker.”
Last month, King cited documents obtained by Judicial Watch in a Freedom of Information Act request.
He said the filmmakers received “extremely close, unprecedented and potentially dangerous collaboration” from the Obama administration.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.