Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

RANKIN INLET, Nunavut – A man has been charged with murder in the death of a 12-year-old boy from Nunavut following a 15-month investigation.
Searchers found the body of Ray Taparti Jr., who also went by OJ, in an industrial part of Rankin Inlet on July 8, 2017.
He had been missing for five days.
RCMP say they carried out a massive investigation into the boy's death, conducting more than 75 interviews and involving 15 different agencies and departments.
They say 21-year-old Glen Kadlak Jr. was arrested in Iqaluit, Nunavut, on Saturday and was charged with one count of murder.
The territory's justice minister says she hopes the arrest will allow the community to begin the healing process.
"The loss of Ray Taparti Jr in July of 2017 had a devastating impact on his family and the community of Rankin Inlet," Jeannie Ehaloak said in a news release. "Now that charges have been laid, the community can work on moving forward."
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.