Elevate your local knowledge

Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

Select Region

Edmonton authorities cancel Amber Alert for 3 boys taken from home

EDMONTON – Authorities in Edmonton have cancelled an Amber Alert for three children.

They say the boys — aged two, eight and nine — were found safe and unharmed several hours after being taken from a north Edmonton home on Friday morning.

Police said a man had been taken into custody.

Earlier in the day, they said they had been looking for Leonard Hutchinson, 50, who was described as being Caucasian, standing about six-foot-one and weighing 300 pounds.

News from © The Canadian Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Canadian Press

The Canadian Press is Canada's trusted news source and leader in providing real-time, bilingual multimedia stories across print, broadcast and digital platforms.