Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

WASHINGTON, Wash. – Restrictions on non-essential travel between Canada and the United States are being extended until at least Nov. 21.
Public Safety Minister Bill Blair confirmed the news today on Twitter.
Incidental travel — vacations, day trips and cross-border shopping excursions — has been forbidden since March in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The restrictions do not apply to those providing essential services in either country, including trade shipments and cross-border workers.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said the restrictions won't be lifted until there's clear evidence the pandemic is easing in the United States.
President Donald Trump, however, said last month that Canada wants the border to reopen "pretty soon" — a claim that is not supported by public opinion polls.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 19, 2020.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.