Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
MOUNT AIRY, Md. – Prosecutors will not pursue charges against two Maryland police officers who fatally shot a man during a confrontation after a traffic stop this summer.
Frederick County State’s Attorney Charlie Smith said in a letter obtained by the Frederick News-Post on Friday that his office had determined the officers’ use of force was justifiable.
The letter says the prosecutor’s office considers the matter closed.
Authorities have previously said police were stopping a van July 10 in connection with a burglary when it rammed an undercover police vehicle and headed toward three officers who were on foot.
Police said two officers fatally shot 26-year-old Cody Mitchell of Damascus, who was a passenger in the front seat.
A woman inside was unharmed and faces charges including burglary and theft.
___
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.