Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
MEXICO CITY – Mexico’s government says the association of Egyptian travel agents will pay an undetermined sum in reparations to the families of eight Mexican tourists killed by security forces last year.
The Foreign Relations Department says the Egyptian government has also agreed to erect a monument to the tourists and the Egyptians killed in the September 2015 attack.
A total of 12 people died when troops hunting militants mistakenly struck the tourists’ convoy in Egypt’s western desert.
The department said Tuesday the amount of the reparations is still being negotiated.
An investigation by Egyptian authorities determined a travel agency and local administrative officials bore responsibility for the deaths because they should have had clearer permission for the trip.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.