Elevate your local knowledge

Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

Select Region

Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

Israel demolishes West Bank home of Palestinian attacker

JERUSALEM – The Israeli military says it has demolished the West Bank home of a Palestinian man who stabbed three Israelis to death in their home at a nearby Jewish settlement last month.

Omar al-Abed, who is 19 years old, was shot and wounded by an off-duty soldier at the scene of the July 21 attack. He was later arrested.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called him a “beast” who was incited to hate Jews.

Wednesday’s actions follow similar destruction of homes of Palestinians who carry out attacks on Israelis. The destructions are meant as a deterrent.

Police said they will charge five members of al-Abed’s family for failing to stop him from carrying out the stabbing. The five were arrested and face prosecution for failing to prevent a crime.

News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?