Elevate your local knowledge

Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

Select Region

Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

Conservative leadership debate in Saskatoon moved back a day to Nov. 9

OTTAWA – The first debate in the federal Conservative leadership campaign will take place Nov. 9 in Saskatoon — a change from the original Nov. 10 date.

The party says the English-language debate will be moderated by Kaveri Braid, a former journalist and adviser to Brad Wall who’s now a principal with Earnscliffe Strategy Group.

The debate will take place at Saskatoon’s Delta Bessborough Hotel and will be streamed live online.

The party’s leadership organizing committee says the second debate, a bilingual meeting, is scheduled for Dec. 6 in Moncton.

The vote to pick a successor to Stephen Harper is scheduled for next May 27.

So far, six serving MPs are officially in the race: Andrew Scheer, Maxime Bernier, Michael Chong, Tony Clement, Kellie Leitch and Deepak Obhrai.

A seventh MP, Erin O’Toole, announced late Thursday he was resigning his critic’s position in order to “explore a run for leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada.”

News from © The Canadian Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Canadian Press

The Canadian Press is Canada's trusted news source and leader in providing real-time, bilingual multimedia stories across print, broadcast and digital platforms.