Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The Transportation Security Administration says two men have been charged after trying to bring loaded guns onto planes at a North Carolina airport.
The TSA said in a statement that one of the two men tried to bring a weapon through a security checkpoint at Charlotte Douglas International Airport about 6 a.m. Thursday, and a second man tried about 6:30 a.m. They don’t believe the two attempts are related.
The statement says each of the passengers has been charged with carrying a firearm on airport property.
TSA officers have detected nine firearms at Charlotte airport checkpoints this year; they found 53 last year.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.