Elevate your local knowledge

Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

Select Region

Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

72-year-old man identified as victim in trailer fire in Nanaimo, B.C.

NANAIMO, B.C. – The BC Coroner’s Service says a 72-year-old man from Nanaimo was the victim in a trailer fire last month.

It says Cyril Norris died in the fire on June 9 in the Petroglyph Trailer Park on Chase River Rd.

Neighbours noticed that the trailer was on fire and called 911.

The fire department extinguished the blaze and found the man’s body when they searched the home.

The coroner’s service and the RCMP continue to investigate Norris’s death.

News from © The Canadian Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Canadian Press

The Canadian Press is Canada's trusted news source and leader in providing real-time, bilingual multimedia stories across print, broadcast and digital platforms.