Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

ALBANY, N.Y. – New York state’s highest court has agreed to allow Lindsay Lohan to appeal her lawsuit against the makers of “Grand Theft Auto,” who the actress says used her likeness in the videogame without permission.
Lohan’s suit was dismissed last year when a lower court ruled that Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. didn’t use her actual “name, portrait or picture.”
Lohan accused the company of modeling her physical features and voice in “Grand Theft Auto V.” The court says the depictions were protected as a “work of fiction and satire.”
The Court of Appeals granted Lohan’s appeal request Thursday. It could be up to a year before oral arguments are heard.
The court also agreed to hear a similar appeal by “Mob Wives” television star Karen Gravano.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.