Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
BISMARCK, N.D. – Charges have been dropped against a drone operator accused of stalking private security workers during a protest last year in North Dakota over the Dakota Access oil pipeline.
Myron Dewey had been scheduled for trial Wednesday on a misdemeanour stalking charge.
The Bismarck Tribune (http://bit.ly/2u7g4qL ) reports that prosecutors asked to drop the charge Monday after a judge ruled to suppress evidence taken from the drone, saying the state hadn’t proved that authorities’ seizure of the drone was legal.
Morton County sheriff’s officials said Dewey tried to capture the faces and license plates of two people working for Leighton Security in October in an attempt to post their identities online. Dewey says he was just trying to record evidence that the pipeline company was working illegally.
___
Information from: Bismarck Tribune, http://www.bismarcktribune.com
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.