Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

BERLIN – An apparently intoxicated man drove a car into pedestrians in northern Germany on Sunday, injuring six people, police said.
The 29-year-old driver, a local resident, was taken in for questioning after the early-morning incident in the North Sea port town of Cuxhaven, authorities said.
Police said on Twitter that he “probably comes from Syria,” without elaborating. A statement issued later didn’t mention his origins.
Police said that they are investigating “in all directions” and were still examining whether it was an accident or the man deliberately drove into the group.
They said that there was apparently an argument inside or outside a nearby disco before the incident, and that a “political background” currently appears unlikely.
Four people were seriously hurt and another two slightly injured. By mid-afternoon, five of the victims — all of them German — had been discharged from the hospital.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.