Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
BALTIMORE – Endorsing a proposed $424 million overhaul of the Baltimore track that hosts the Preakness Stakes, Mayor Catherine Pugh says the second leg of horse racing’s Triple Crown wouldn’t necessarily have to be relocated.
The Baltimore Sun reports the mayor said Friday that she believes the Pimlico Race Course could be demolished and rebuilt without having to move the Preakness. The Maryland Stadium Authority study released last week estimated a complete rebuild of the nearly 150-year-old track would take three years.
Pugh thinks the demolition and construction can be done in phases to keep the race in the Park Heights area. Further details weren’t reported.
A spokeswoman for Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan has said he’s always been supportive of keeping the Preakness at Pimlico and would review the study.
___
Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.