Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
MUZAFFARABAD, Pakistan – Pakistan’s foreign ministry says Indian troops opened fire in the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir, killing a labourer on the Pakistani side of the boundary.
The statement says the ministry summoned an Indian diplomat to lodge protest over Thursday’s killing in the village of Rawalakot in Pakistan-controlled sector.
The killed worker was identified as Inzamam Hussain. The statement accuses India of continuing to violate a cease-fire in the disputed territory.
Pakistan claims that so far this year, Indian forces have violated the cease-fire dividing their respective sectors of Kashmir 391 times, killing 16 civilians and wounding 65.
There was no immediate comment from New Delhi.
Pakistan and India routinely trade fire in Kashmir. Both claim the region in its entirety and have fought two of their three wars over it.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.