Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

QUEBEC – Gilles Duceppe will step down as Bloc Quebecois leader, the CBC’s French-language network reported Wednesday.
Radio-Canada quoted unnamed sources as saying he will not go to Ottawa to lead the party.
The Bloc won 10 seats in Monday’s election but saw its share of the popular vote drop to below 20 per cent.
Duceppe, who failed to get re-elected in Laurier-Sainte-Marie, has scheduled a news conference in Montreal at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday.
Earlier on Wednesday, Parti Quebecois Leader Pierre Karl Peladeau said he wants Duceppe to stay on.
Peladeau said Duceppe has a handle on federal issues as well as a good knowledge of federal intrusion into provincial jurisdiction.
“I think he is a major asset and I hope he remains leader of the Bloc,” he told reporters in Quebec City.
Peladeau didn’t specify whether he’d spoken with Duceppe since Monday night.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.