Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

DORCHESTER, N.B. – Police say a convicted murderer who walked away from the minimum security area of a New Brunswick prison is back in custody.
In a statement, RCMP say 45-year-old Steven Bugden was arrested between Dorchester and Sackville, N.B., on Thursday.
He was reported missing the previous evening after staff at the Dorchester Penitentiary noticed he was absent during the 10 p.m. count.
Bugden was serving a sentence for second-degree murder, but no further details were provided.
Assistant Warden Emile Belliveau had said Bugden was considered a low risk to public safety, and there had been no incidents with him at the prison prior to his escape.
Belliveau said Bugden had been in a condo where he lived with about four other inmates during a count six hours prior to his escape.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.