Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
KUWAIT CITY – Kuwait’s state-run news agency says more than 30 soccer fans, most from Oman, sustained injuries when a glass barricade collapsed in a stadium in Kuwait City.
The incident occurred Friday evening after fans gathered on the barricade to greet the Omani team, which beat the United Arab Emirates in a penalty shootout to win the Arabian Gulf Cup finals. The tournament had been planned to take place in Qatar this year before a row erupted among Gulf states.
Kuwait’s state-run news agency says the prime minister ordered a committee to attend to injured fans. Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Sabah also ordered an investigation into the incident.
The news agency published pictures Saturday of the prime minister and others visiting the injured fans in a hospital in Kuwait.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.