Elevate your local knowledge

Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

Select Region

Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

Representative: Yoko Ono home after being treated for flu

NEW YORK, N.Y. – Yoko Ono’s representative says the 83-year-old artist-singer has been released from a New York City hospital after being treated for the flu.

Elliott Mintz spoke to The Associated Press on Saturday. He said earlier that Ono went to the hospital Friday night on the advice of her doctor after having flu-like symptoms.

Sean Ono Lennon said on Twitter Saturday that his mother was “running about as usual” after getting home. He says he may now go get a flu shot.

Yoko Ono is the widow of John Lennon of the Beatles. She was treated at Mount Sinai West Hospital in Manhattan.

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.