Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
NEW YORK – Dressbarn says it expects to have all its 650 stores closed by the end of this year.
The women’s clothing chain announced earlier this week that it was shutting all its stores but hadn’t given a timeline for the closures until Thursday.
Dressbarn’s owner, Ascena Retail Group Inc., has said it wants to focus on its other brands, such as Ann Taylor and Lane Bryant. An executive said Dressbarn wasn’t profitable enough.
Ascena said in a regulatory filing that that it couldn’t yet determine how much Dressbarn’s closure would cost the Mahwah, New Jersey-based company.
Dressbarn, which has been selling women’s clothing for nearly 60 years, employs about 6,800 people.
___
This story has been corrected to read that all of Dressbarn’s stores will be closed by the end of this year, not in the first half of 2020.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.