Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
BURNABY, B.C. – RCMP say the driver suspected of killing a 72-year-old cyclist in a hit-and-run collision in Burnaby, B.C., on June 30 has come forward.
Staff Sgt. Major John Buis says the driver identified herself earlier this week, after police and family members of the victim appealed through the media for the suspect to come forward.
However, Sgt. Buis says the investigation is still ongoing, as a key witness has not been identified.
The witness was driving a four-door hatchback, possibly grey or brown.
Police believe that witness came across the crash seconds after it occurred, reversed the vehicle and then left.
Cyclist Edward Simpkins, a long-time resident of Burnaby, died shortly after the crash. (The Canadian Press)
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.