Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
LOS ANGELES – The latest TV edition of “Star Trek” is launching a few months later than planned.
Streaming service CBS All Access said Wednesday that “Star Trek: Discovery” will debut in May 2017 instead of January.
In a statement, series producers Alex Kurtzman and Bryan Fuller said their aim is to “dream big and deliver” and they decided the additional time was needed to achieve their vision for the show.
After its premiere next spring on the CBS broadcast network, further episodes of the new “Star Trek” series will be available only on CBS All Access.
To help fill in until “Star Trek: Discovery” begins, a previously announced spinoff of CBS’ “The Good Wife,” starring Christine Baranski, will debut next February on the network and then move to CBS All Access.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.