Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

RAPID CITY, S.D. – Authorities have put on hold the search for a 9-year-old girl who ran away from a residential youth home amid frigid weather more than a week ago in South Dakota.
Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom told reporters Monday that authorities are regrouping and trying to decide “how and when” they continue recovery efforts for Serenity Dennard.
The Rapid City Journal reports the sheriff said the investigation remains open until the girl is found.
The search for Serenity had been stalled for two days because of a winter storm before resuming Friday. The girl went missing Feb. 3 in subfreezing temperatures from the Black Hills Children’s Home near Rockerville.
The sheriff’s office has said if the girl was outside, it’s unlikely she survived because she wasn’t dressed for the weather. Authorities said their efforts are now focused on finding her body .
___
Information from: Rapid City Journal, http://www.rapidcityjournal.com
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.