Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Court documents say a plea deal has been reached in the case of an Ohio man accused of trying to travel to Libya to join the Islamic State group.
A document filed in federal court Thursday says Aaron Daniels, of Columbus, will plead guilty to one count of attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization.
Authorities allege Daniels wired $250 to an Islamic State operative in January 2016 and told an undercover informant he was interested in travelling to commit violence overseas.
Daniels was taken into custody last year at John Glenn Columbus International Airport after a months-long investigation.
No date has been set for Daniels to enter the plea. He faces 20 years in prison.
A message was left Thursday with his attorney seeking comment.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.