Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

RICHMOND, Va. – In a story May 31 about the shooting of a Virginia State Police special agent, The Associated Press reported erroneously when the suspect was served with a warrant accusing him of a separate assault. Travis Ball was served with a warrant on Saturday, after the state police agent was shot; not on Friday.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Man charged in officer’s shooting accused of teen’s assault
A man charged with shooting a Virginia State Police special agent had been served warrants accusing him of assaulting a 14-year-old girl
A man charged with shooting a Virginia State Police special agent was also accused of assaulting a 14-year-old girl.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch reports (http://bit.ly/2rSgH6J) that Travis Ball was served with a warrant accusing him of the assault on Saturday.
That’s the same day he was charged with shooting Special Agent Michael T. Walter. Another warrant says Ball failed to pay child support.
Authorities say Walter was shot Friday after he approached a vehicle in a public housing complex.
The medical examiner’s office says Walter died of a gunshot wound to the head.
In court records, the girl says Ball grabbed her by her hair and slapped her in the face in January.
Ball was denied bond and appointed a public defender on Tuesday. No one immediately responded to a telephone message left at the public defender’s office.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.