Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

TORONTO – Ian Troop is out at chief executive officer of the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Games organizing committee.
TO2015 says former Ontario deputy minister of health Saad Rafi will take over in January.
In the meantime, board chairman and former Ontario premier David Peterson serves as CEO.
TO2015’s board gave no reason for Troop’s departure.
The governing Liberals recently landed in hot water over a $7-million bonus package for TO2015 executives, including Troop.
Troop, who was paid a base salary of $390,000 last year plus an $87,000 bonus, would have been eligible for a $780,000 bonus if the games came in on budget and on time.
“On behalf of the board of directors, I’d like to extend our sincere gratitude to Ian for all of his hard work, his commitment and his contributions,” Peterson said Friday in a statement.
“Our capital projects are on time and on or under budget. We wish him well.”
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.