Nigella Lawson says she’s moving on after ‘mortifying’ courtroom claims about her private life

LONDON – Nigella Lawson says having her private life raked over in a London courtroom was “mortifying” but she is putting the case behind her.

The celebrity cook testified last month at the fraud trial of two former aides, who were ultimately acquitted of funding a luxury lifestyle with credit cards loaned by Lawson and her ex-husband Charles Saatchi.

The trial was overshadowed by allegations about the domestic life of Lawson and Saatchi, including claims that Lawson regularly used cocaine.

She denies regular drug use.

Lawson told “Good Morning America” on Thursday “to have not only your private life but distortions of your private life put on display is mortifying.”

But, she added, “since then I’ve eaten a lot of chocolate, had a very good Christmas and am into the New Year.”

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.