Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. – An Air Force installation in Florida has closed its child care centres due to an outbreak of norovirus.
In a Facebook post , Hurlburt Field officials said its youth centre and three child development centres would remain closed until Dec. 18 “in an abundance of caution to prevent the continued spread of illness.”
A Northwest Florida Daily News report says 1st Special Operations Wing Commander Col. Thomas Palenske said over 40 cases of norovirus had been reported by Friday at the installation that’s the headquarters of the Air Force Special Operations Command.
Norovirus is a contagious virus that causes stomach pain, nausea and diarrhea.
In a post on his Facebook page , Palenske urged troops with sick children to stay home with them until they are well to “protect our families and our combat capability.”
___
Information from: Northwest Florida Daily News (Fort Walton Beach, Fla.), http://www.nwfdailynews.com
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.