Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

LONDON – There may soon be a ‘changing of the guard’ at the Olympic Park. The private security contractor responsible for the bulk of Olympic security says it’s getting hundreds more workers each day.
The security firm G4S has been skewered for failing to provide enough security personnel for the games — a shortfall that forced Britain’s military to deploy 1,200 more troops this week and 3,500 others last week.
G4S spokesman Adam Mynott said Thursday many workers had either finally passed the accreditation process or completed training. The hope, he said, is to numerically replace the extra military personnel.
Some British lawmakers have called for G4S to foot the bill for bringing in the extra troops.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.