Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
OTTAWA – A senior staff member with the much-scrutinized inquiry into murdered and missing indigenous women has resigned.
Executive director Michele Moreau cites personal reasons for her departure, which is effective July 21.
The inquiry released a statement saying it accepted Moreau’s resignation with great sadness.
Some First Nations leaders have been critical of the inquiry’s progress so far and victims’ families have said they haven’t been adequately consulted about hearings.
Chief commissioner Marion Buller promised improved communication.
Moreau said it is with mixed emotions that she is departing.
“I wish the whole team great courage to bring this national inquiry where it needs to go in order to change our society for the better,” Moreau said in the statement.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.