Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

SAO PAULO – Doctors say Pele is in good condition and will remain off kidney support treatment.
The Albert Einstein hospital says the 74-year-old Brazilian great was reevaluated on Monday and doctors decided not to put him back on the hemodialysis that had been needed to help support his only kidney.
The treatment was suspended on Sunday but doctors said it was possible that Pele would need the hemodialysis again depending on how his body responds.
The hospital says Pele remains in an intensive care unit but is “lucid” and “stable.”
The three-time World Cup champion was hospitalized early last week after being diagnosed with a urinary tract infection that stemmed from a Nov. 13 surgery to remove kidney stones.
The hospital says the antibiotic treatment continues to work.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.