Suspect arrested after an assault with a metal pipe in downtown Kamloops

One suspect was arrested wen police stopped a violent assault in downtown Kamloops Thursday afternoon.

Officers were called to the 300 block of Victoria Street at around 1:30 p.m., Aug. 28, to a report that a man had been cut with a machete, according to an RCMP media release.

RCMP said they arrived to find a man hitting another man with a metal pipe.

“Police located the four males involved in both incidents, who were known to each other,” the release said.

A 31-year-old man was arrested for assault with a weapon as the investigation continues.

A man was treated by paramedics for minor injuries, RCMP said.

Anyone with information, or video of this assault, is asked to call Kamloops RCMP at 250-828-3000 and cite file 2025-28351.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

Howard Alexander

Assistant Editor Howard Alexander comes to iNFOnews.ca from the broadcasting side of the media business.

Howard has been a reporter, news anchor, talk show host and news director, first in Saskatchewan and then the Okanagan.

He moved his family to Vernon in the 90s and is proud to call the Okanagan home.

If you have an event to share contact Howard at 250-309-5343or email halexander@infonews.ca.