ABC’s Amy Robach says she’ll need more treatment after breast cancer surgery

NEW YORK, N.Y. – Amy Robach (ROH’-bahk) of ABC News says she can’t wait to get back to work following her double mastectomy but has more cancer treatments ahead of her.

She had the surgery last week. The 40-year-old correspondent’s breast cancer was discovered through a mammogram she underwent on “Good Morning America” a month earlier.

Robach revealed that a second malignant tumour had been detected during her mastectomy. Because the cancer spread to a lymph node, she said she will need further treatment.

She says she expects to come back to work the Monday after Thanksgiving.

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.