Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!

English musician Yungblud will no longer be performing at the Cowboys Music Festival in Calgary on Sunday.
The rock artist said on social media Wednesday evening that he is currently working on himself and “taking time off at home.” The message was posted on the festival’s Instagram along with a note from his management team saying they “made the decision as a team to pull Yungblud” from the lineup.
Earlier this year, the artist born Dominic Richard Harrison celebrated his first Grammy win for best rock performance and a number one single on Billboard’s alternative airplay chart with his song “Zombie.”
Last week, Yungblud shared a video of himself getting visibly emotional during a show in Czechia. He wrote in the caption that he had a “breakdown” after the set, explaining that the “hate and disbelief” he’s received from strangers on the Internet have negatively impacted him.
The Cowboys Music Festival announced that Nelly and Steve Aoki will step in as his replacements.
Yungblud’s management team says his upcoming scheduled shows will continue, with appearances in Indianapolis and Chicago’s Lollapalooza slated for later this month.
“I’m currently in a place where I’m working on myself and taking time off at home in the UK,” Yungblud’s message to fans read.
“I’m taking this extremely seriously and facing head-on what’s going on for the good of the long term. I will never take any of this for granted, and I will see you all soon. I love you all.”
This report by The Canadian Press was first published July 9, 2026.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.