Pacers agree to 3-year, $59 million deal with Andrew Nembhard, AP source says

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Andrew Nembhard and the Indiana Pacers have agreed to a three-year contract worth $59 million, a person with knowledge of the details said Wednesday.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced.

Nembhard started 47 games in his second NBA season, most playing alongside All-Star guard Tyrese Haliburton. Nembhard averaged 9.2 points and was second on the team with 4.1 assists.

Indiana has locked up its starting backcourt for at least three more seasons and is the latest move by team officials to keep the core of its Eastern Conference runner-up together. Earlier this offseason, the Pacers also re-signed forward Obi Toppin a new contract.

___

AP NBA: https://apnews.com/hub/nba

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press


The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.