Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
CARLSBAD, N.M. – One of New Mexico’s last drive-in theatres is set to close.
The Carlsbad Current-Argus reports the owner of the Fiesta Drive-In Theater in Carlsbad, New Mexico, announced this week he was shutting down the decades-old landmark on Sunday after selling the property.
Owner Sidney Light says it was time to move on after keeping the theatre open following the 2010 death of his father, Brad Light. He says his father started the drive-in as a hobby.
The Fiesta Drive-In was just one of two drive-ins still in operation in New Mexico.
The Fort Union Drive-In theatre in Las Vegas, New Mexico, is still operating. That theatre closed its screening season last month.
___
Information from: Carlsbad Current-Argus, http://www.currentargus.com/
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.