Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

TORONTO – Former Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Roberto Osuna’s assault case has been adjourned for two weeks.
The 23-year-old was arrested in May and charged in connection with an alleged domestic incident.
Osuna was suspended without pay for 75 games in June for violating Major League Baseball’s domestic violence policy, and the Jays later traded him to the Houston Astros.
Osuna’s lawyer, Domenic Basile, has said his client is remorseful of the circumstances of the situation but plans to plead not guilty.
Basile says he is continuing to have discussions with the Crown about a resolution to the case.
The lawyer previously told reporters he was working toward having the Crown consider a peace bond, which could lead to the assault charge against Osuna being withdrawn.
The case is scheduled to return to court on Sept. 19.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.