Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
BOGOTA – Colombia’s Defence Minister says an explosive device planted by rebels has killed a policeman and injured seven others.
Luis Carlos Villegas says rebels of the National Liberation Army lured police to a place in the capital where a bomb had been planted and set it off by remote control on Wednesday.
That rebel group has not claimed responsibility for the blast. The group hasn’t yet formally started peace talks with the government, though the much larger Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia has signed a peace deal and is scheduled to lay down its arms in coming months.
Bogota’s police commander, Gen. Hoover Penilla, said Thursday that officials are offering a reward for information about the attackers.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.