Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
WASHINGTON – A National Parks Services spokesman says a gun violence march in D.C. set for March 24 needs a new site.
National Park Service spokesman Mike Litterst tells WTOP-FM that March for Our Lives submitted a permit to hold the protest at the National Mall on March 24, but that day has already been reserved. March for Our Lives is a nationwide demonstration sparked by the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that killed 17 people earlier this month.
Litterst says a filming permit was requested for some of the same areas march organizers requested. He says his agency is working with the group to find another space. He says West Potomac Park is an option and that Pennsylvania Avenue, which is under the city’s jurisdiction, is being considered.
___
Information from: WTOP-FM, http://www.wtop.com
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.