Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Hong Kong authorities said Monday that a South Korean businessman accused of murdering his wife and son in a five-star hotel killed himself while in pre-trial custody.
The man was found unconscious in the morning in his cell at a Hong Kong detention centre.
The statement did not give his name, but media reports identified him as Kim Min-ho.
The man was found with a bed sheet wrapped around his neck and was taken to a hospital, where he was later certified dead, the statement said.
Police had arrested Kim in January for allegedly killing his wife and son at Hong Kong’s Ritz-Carlton hotel.
Media reports said the 43-year-old Kim was chief executive officer of the South Korean franchise of the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
Kim had been scheduled to appear in court again on May 23.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.