BC Cancer Foundation targeted by two break ins, robberies, in three days

VANCOUVER – Two robberies at the Vancouver office of the BC Cancer Foundation have left staff very shaken.

Foundation interim president Lou Del Gobbo says thieves made off with computers and equipment worth about $10,000 in early morning robberies on New Year’s Day and Jan. 3.

He says no donor information was compromised because it is store on secured network drives, and any cash and cheques had already been deposited, so no donations were lost.

But Del Gobbo says the office was ransacked and staff are upset that anyone would steal from a charity.

He says the foundation is speaking with the owners of the building to develop a better security system

No suspects have been identified but Vancouver Police Const. Brian Montague says investigators want to speak to anyone who may have details about the heists. (News1130, CKNW)

News from © The Canadian Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Canadian Press

The Canadian Press is Canada's trusted news source and leader in providing real-time, bilingual multimedia stories across print, broadcast and digital platforms.