Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

LAVAL, Que. – Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. is dropping its pursuit of Caltex Australia Ltd. due to the COVID-19 crisis.
The company had been working on a revised takeover bid after an earlier offer was rebuffed.
Couche-Tard says given the uncertainty and the impact of the pandemic on its outlook for Caltex’s business, it is not in a position to make a revised proposal for the company.
However, it says it remains interested and plans to re-engage once there is more clarity in the global outlook.
Couche-Tard says its due diligence for a transaction has been substantially completed and that the work confirms that Caltex is a strong strategic fit.
Caltex operates approximately 2,000 service stations.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 20, 2020.
Companies in this story: (TSX:ATD.B, TSX:ATD.A)
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.