Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.
WELLINGTON, New Zealand – Indicted Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom has gone on the attack against New Zealand’s foreign spy agency ahead of an eagerly anticipated showdown with Prime Minister John Key.
In written testimony before New Zealand’s parliament, Dotcom said he’s “shocked that anyone would consider” giving the agency additional powers after it was found to have acted unlawfully in his case.
New Zealanders are awaiting a piece of political theatre Wednesday when Dotcom gets to elaborate on his submission at a committee chaired by Key.
Parliament is considering expanding the powers of the Government Communications Security Bureau.
In his testimony, Dotcom says he was “assaulted” during his arrest last year.
U.S. prosecutors are trying to extradite Dotcom, claiming he facilitated massive copyright piracy through his website. Dotcom denies the charges.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.