Tucker Carlson to launch weeknight Fox News program Nov. 14

NEW YORK – Fox News Channel says Tucker Carlson is claiming the weeknight host slot recently vacated by Greta Van Susteren.

The network said Thursday that Carlson will take over the 7 p.m. Eastern hour on Nov. 14. The name of the new program hasn’t been announced.

Carlson joined Fox News as a contributor in 2009. He is a co-host of “Fox & Friends Weekends” and regularly appears on the network’s other shows. He previously was a host on CNN and MSNBC.

Carlson also was a founder of the conservative news site The Daily Caller and served as its editor-in-chief. Fox says he’ll no longer serve in an active editorial role.

Van Susteren’s “On The Record” has been hosted by Brit Hume since her abrupt exit from the network in September.

News from © The Associated Press, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Join the Conversation!

Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?

The Associated Press

The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.