Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Elevate your local knowledge
Sign up for the iNFOnews newsletter today!
Select Region
Selecting your primary region ensures you get the stories that matter to you first.

KELLIHER, Sask. – RCMP in Saskatchewan are investigating a video on social media that they say shows someone burning a Nazi flag which a man claimed to have removed from a rural home.
The video posted on Facebook on Saturday shows a man, his face covered by what appears to be a Confederate flag, spreading a Nazi flag on the ground while a person out of the frame sets it on fire.
Photos of a home in Kelliher, Sask., were shared on social media late last week showing Nazi and Confederate flags flying from an antenna on a roof.
Kelliher mayor Darcy King said Friday that the parents of the man who raised the flags had promised they would be taken down.
King said over the weekend that the flags were no longer up, but he didn’t know if they had been removed by the owner or stolen.
The person who posted the video did not respond to interview requests by The Canadian Press.
“Stop racism,” the man says in the video. “It has to end now and not later.
“I’m real and I’m not fake.”
RCMP said in a release Monday that they would be meeting with the occupant of the home as part of an investigation into the video.
Cpl. Rob King said last week that police had received complaints about the Nazi flag. And that while displaying the flag wasn’t illegal, officers had spoken to the man in the home about it.
News from © iNFOnews.ca, . All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Want to share your thoughts, add context, or connect with others in your community?
You must be logged in to post a comment.